(One of) THE best newborn pictures ever!

dadnetworkbanner

It brings me great joy to unveil to you all THE best newborn baby picture ever taken. In fact, I would go as far as saying no one could even rival it! It’s an amazing baby picture. #thatsmyboy (It has to be one of the greatest newborn pictures ever doesn’t it?)

Make sure you take a really close look.
Is this a standard Dad initiation? Has this ever happened to you? Please share your comments below, I read them all.

Thanks!

Al

Mami 2 Five

26 Comments

1. Tom Briggs 10 August, 2014 / 9:17 am

Ha! Awesome. I remember a similar ‘initiation’ shortly after my first son was born, but it wasn’t captured on camera. And my dressing gown has never been the same since.

• Al TheDadNetwork 11 August, 2014 / 10:14 am

No-one mentioned anything about initiation to me…! Caught blindsided – but at least I didn’t have a dressing gown on! Bet that got all knotted and tangled! nice…

2. Brian Childers 3 September, 2014 / 6:55 am

Saw this on the today show web site – thanks for sharing! With a two year old newborn. It’s happened while changing diapers, but not during a photo shoot yet! :)

3. Rachel 5 September, 2014 / 1:29 pm

We love this picture ! Baby looks like he s doing a joke ! We can see on dad’s eyes “too late…” ;-)
    Thanks for sharing this

4. Anonymous 8 September, 2014 / 12:57 pm

Welcome to parenthood

5. Maureen Parker 4 November, 2014 / 10:31 pm

This is the most Beautifulest photo ever congrats x

6. laura plews 8 November, 2014 / 1:57 pm

started to change my daughters bum when all of a sudden she pumped and poo splatted all over me wasn’t the last time she did it either just learned to be quicker and move :)

• Al Ferguson 8 November, 2014 / 2:05 pm

Thanks for your comment. It’s a minefield changing nappies!

• Al Ferguson 10 November, 2014 / 8:11 pm

It happens in an instant doesn’t it!

7. saminbon.com 20 November, 2014 / 8:58 am

Very good article. I’m experiencing many of these issues as well..

8. Kate Lister 12 February, 2015 / 9:26 pm

It’s funny that I remember showing my husband this photo on the internet when it went viral last year. And here we are expecting our own babe and connecting with you through the same amazing interwebs. This photo brings me a great deal of joy. I am so glad you shared it with the world because it is reality! Being a parent is tough, messy, tiring and yet so wonderful! Love it :)

• Al Ferguson 12 February, 2015 / 9:45 pm

Ah, yeah, we like this photo. It’ll happen to you, only you might not time it quite so perfectly. #luck

9. martyn 19 February, 2015 / 12:09 pm

I remember seeing this circulate latest summer and remember laughing. And as you know it took me a while to figure out that it was you and Ted….might be a genius but I’m often slow on the uptake with these things.

Such a great photo and so perfectly timed. And as they say the rest is history!

Never had the Poo thing had lots of wee incidents and on camera!

10. Thomas Jefferson Wedge 26 March, 2015 / 12:01 am

I’m going to be a dad next week; my wife just shared your website with me and I already love it. Seeing this pic makes me so excited and freaked out to be a dad. I’m probably in the right place I’m guessing. Cheers! -Thom

11. Danika 30 March, 2015 / 8:16 pm

Ha. I did laugh at this. One day I hope this happens to my future husband. XD

12. Sarah Jayne Pelham 20 May, 2015 / 6:28 pm

They talk about cristening the baby, but never the parent! :D

13. Dirty Nappy 25 May, 2015 / 8:52 am

The fact is if I’m ever having a bad day, this will never fail to make me laugh! Thanks for linking it in!

14. Margaret75 8 July, 2015 / 9:57 pm

Love how daddy isn’t phased one bit! That’s live for ya

15. Mummy Matters 10 July, 2015 / 2:21 pm

Haha brilliant shot! Not just an initiation for the Dads I’m afraid, my daughter did this to me when just a few days old. It went all the way up my front and all over the new CREAM carpet!!! It was surely a sign for things to come ;) I love the look on your son’s face too, he looks so proud!!

16. Carly aka mummy 25 July, 2015 / 8:12 pm

Oh my God that’s hilarious!! Can’t believe that moment was captured. Brilliant. One to have blown up and displayed on his 18th birthday lol!!

17. Karen laing 3 November, 2015 / 4:14 pm

Love this,it sure beats getting it in your face which is what my darling baby did to his big sister !